Will this lost cat that I found cat survive in this cold weather

Itzdeb

The cat was crying at my back door when I got home. It only had a flea collar on
And no identification.I fed it dried cat food and water On the porch steps but then it followed me into the garage and hid. I couldn’t pick it up and it didn’t want me to pet it.
It looks like it could’ve been rather young but it was dark out. I placed a plastic tub outside and put a pet heated pad with a fleece blanket over it the pad inside the tub In the garage and left a light on.
I set a can of cat food, also dry food and water next to the tub. Also I placed a cardboard box with some kitty litter in it nearby.
I notified the nonemergency police, a couple neighborhood websites and a pet website. I am concerned that the cat will not come out if it’s hiding place and get the warmth and food that it needs. I called six neighbors and they knew nothing or anyone that would have a cat.

I went out twice to check on it before midnight and it hasn’t touched the food. It gets down to 12F Degrees lately at night.
I might add that Originally the cat was crying at my doorstep and staying on the doorstep When I found it as I was coming home from an appointment. maybe because I’ve cats it knew to come to me?,
Both of my cats are indoors always. I cannot keep another cat because the two don’t get along that I have.
Either way it would not let me catch it and put it in one of the rooms in my house In a separate room even temporarily and I’m worried about it.
Can someone tell me if the cat can survive another six or seven hours until morning?
And what if I can’t catch it and it hides all day while I’m working to have it go through another night like this? I am so scared for the cat.

Itzdeb

Original Poster
Update. I managed to find the cat and get it in with the blanket wrapped around it and put them upstairs bathroom with food and water and a blanket. That’s the best I can do. I think it is not liking me and don’t know if it is a small Mature cat or what but it was growling and biting and hissing when I picked it up. I managed to get it upstairs without injuring myself. I’m gonna have to figure out a way to get it to one of the shelters. I don’t know if it’s gonna be adaptable or not because it doesn’t have a calm personality at all.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Welcome @Itzdeb, I agree with Tilly TV, you are an angel for helping this poor cat, very kind of you. I hope if you have to take him/her to a shelter, it is a No-Kill shelter, or the kitty will be euthanized. The cat may have a sweet personality, but may have been through a lot, and is likely very stressed, confused and afraid right now. So happy to hear you got the cat into your home, especially in such cold temps. Good luck, and please keep us updated. 🧡

Itzdeb

Original Poster
Welcome @Itzdeb, I agree with Tilly TV, you are an angel for helping this poor cat, very kind of you. I hope if you have to take him/her to a shelter, it is a No-Kill shelter, or the kitty will be euthanized. The cat may have a sweet personality, but may have been through a lot, and is likely very stressed, confused and afraid right now. So happy to hear you got the cat into your home, especially in such cold temps. Good luck, and please keep us updated. 🧡
Update the owner was found! A couple blocks down she loves and actually works at a pet store. Either way I hope she is more careful with the cat.