Would it be wrong if i adopted my friends cat just to take it to the humane society?

Nick1302

So, my friend told me that his cat looked at a mirror a couple days ago, and then it started attacking him, and his daughters. He put the cat outside, and it started hissing and attacking the door. He showed me a video. The first thought I had was to take the cat to the humane society, but he's afraid they'll euthanize her. Then he said he was thinking of putting it in crate and then leave it up at the river bar. I said "no, don't do that. Thats messed up". Without really thinking said I'll take the cat in. Truth is, I don't really want a cat, so I would probably take it to the humane society.

linda2147

if he's going to abandon the cat take it, you may decide to keep it yourself and it may not show any agression towards you. either way don't let this jerk just abandon this helpless animal to die a slow painful death with no way to get out of the crate to find food.. Personally I'd turn that guy in for animal abuse. People like that don't deserve to have any animal and whatever punishment he'd get for abandoning a helpless animal is not punishment enough. And if you let him do it you are just as bad, to say nothing or do nothing is condoning what he's doing,

Nick1302

Original Poster
if he's going to abandon the cat take it, you may decide to keep it yourself and it may not show any agression towards you. either way don't let this jerk just abandon this helpless animal to die a slow painful death with no way to get out of the crate to find food.. Personally I'd turn that guy in for animal abuse. People like that don't deserve to have any animal and whatever punishment he'd get for abandoning a helpless animal is not punishment enough. And if you let him do it you are just as bad, to say nothing or do nothing is condoning what he's doing,
What animal abuse has he committed? He hasn't abandoned his cat. He was just talking about it.

Nick1302

Original Poster
And I already told him that leaving the cat up the river is wrong. So I don't thunk I'm condoning what he's thinking of doing.