Would you like to send your dog to Dog Island?

eslucky

If you haven't seen the website yet for Dog Island you have to check it out. It is so great. Take a look at it and see if you think your dog is a good candidate for it. The first time I went to the website I really had to look at a few pages to figure it out. I won't say too much more about it. It is more fun to check it out when you are not sure what the deal is.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
I checked it out and still don't know what the deal is, lol. Seems to me like a money making scheme of a property owner, obviously you have to be rich to abandon your pet dog on one of these islands, of course if you go to visit and your dog can't be found, I guess that's an expected possibility.

Dogs like hurricanes? Me thinks not. :D Dog's are humiliated by public defecation and being attached to a leash, humiliated...really? Dogs need human companionship, even at the dog park where they can run and play together in the wooded areas, they always delight in returning to their owners and homes, to be humiliated. And the $60 empathy leash, LOL...paleese! :p

I've seen dog hoarders on TV that live on large wooded properties, and those dogs take on the pack mentality and there are always the ones that don't get accepted, are outcast, don't get to share any of the food, whether it given by people or wild caught prey, and many times there are dead ones that the others feed off of.

I'f I'm misunderstanding the dog island concept, please enlighten me. I haven't studied all the pages and photos, but gave it a look. I personally would never send my dog there, even if I was rich and had money to throw out the window. I'm confused when you say it's so great. :confused:

eslucky

Original Poster
OK. Sorry about the confusion. The whole website is just a joke and there is no dog island. I guess it was my warped sense of humor that made me think it was funny. Yikes! :chargrined: I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to cause any trouble.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Ooops :oops:, didn't even think of that at all! No trouble at all, LOL!! You can see I was ready to get on my soapbox to defend our four-legged friends. :friendly_wink:

I was thinking, boy...nowadays people will sell any concept to people to make a buck. :dollar:

eslucky

Original Poster
LOL! Well, I'm glad we got that straightened out! :D I debated on whether to say in my post that it was a joke or not because it really did take me a while to figure out that it is. Your response was great though. You are the true defender of all animals! I love that!

eslucky

Original Poster
Oh my gosh! The Bonsai Kittens is unbelievable. I bet there was an uproar about that! I think that ranks a little bit worse than Dog Island. The other day I was searching online for an image and I saw a thumbnail of what I thought maybe was a dog being hurt. I was so upset about it for days. I kept seeing it in my mind and imagining terrible things. It still upsets me and I'm not even sure what it was. There was no way I was clicking on the image to make it larger. I couldn't even watch Lassie all the time when I was little because I was always worried Lassie wouldn't make it home!

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
People can be very cruel, when I watch those animal cop shows on cable tv, they drive me nuts, usually end up upset and teary-eyed. :(